In compliance with CDC recommendations, we re-scheduled all Spring/Summer Hotel Based Workshops in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, . Depending on the virus data, they will be held instead during Fall/Winter of 2020. Virginia licensing boards have extended for one year the deadline for obtaining CE credits, but do renew your license as usual. If you are currently registered for any previously-scheduled workshop, we will contact you once new dates and sites are confirmed. We are also adding new and updated online CE Courses. Our newsletter will provide updates; you can sign up for that at the bottom of this webpage. Be safe and stay well.
— Mary Alice Fisher, Executive Director, Center for Ethical Practice.
Meanwhile, below is a tentative list of Fall/Winter 2020 workshop topics.
Tentative Workshop Topics for Fall 2020:
• Beginnings & Endings in Psychotherapy: Avoiding Some of the Ethical Pitfalls”
• Chance Encounters of the Awkward Kind
• Deliberate Dual Relationships: When Are You Ethically Free to Say “Yes”?
• Ethical Issues with Electronic Technology: Are Your Policies Clear Enough?
• Ethical-Legal Jeopardy: A Workshop in a Game Format
• Informed Consent Revisited: Integrating Ethical Standards, Virginia Law, & HIPAA
• Retiring, Relocating, or Closing a Practice: Ethical & Practical Implications
• Role Confusion in Court-Related Cases: What Are the Ethical Implications?
We are also working on web-based workshop options for the future. For more about that option, be sure you are on the email list for receiving our free Newsletter. You can subscribe using the “Subscribe” button located at the bottom footer of this page.