Date - Tuesday, November 10, 2020
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Zoom Interactive Webinar
CE Credits: 2
Price: $ 50
See Outline Below.
If Only I Had Known! Avoiding Ethical Surprises
A ZOOM Interactive Workshop led by Mary Alice Fisher, Ph.D.
Dr. Fisher will share examples from her own practice and elsewhere, in the hope that this will help others be better prepared.
Attendees are invited to share examples of things they “learned the hard way.”
I Wish I Had Known About …….
1. The Ethics of Beginning a Therapy Relationship
2. The Ethics of Ending a Therapy Relationship
3. What To Tell Minors About Confidentiality
4. What To Tell Couples About Confidentiality
5. How To Start a Practice and Run a Business
6. The Ethical Difference Between “Legally-Required” & “Legally-Allowed” Disclosures
7. What To Do First If I Receive a Subpoena
8. Whether or Not to Keep “Psychotherapy Notes”
9. What Legal Options Are Available If a Patient Threatens To Harm Someone Else
10. Whether I Have Any Legal Obligations If a Patient Threatens Suicide
11. How To Turn Down a Gift From a Patient
12. The Importance of Having A Confidentiality Contract With Those Who Work For You
1. List some examples of clinical circumstances in which you were not well prepared.
2. Describe the potential impact on patients or to you in those situations.
3. State what you now know that would lead you to handle the situation differently.
LINKS to Professional Ethics Codes & Legal Requirements
Register for this Zoom webinar at your convenience. We will use your name and email contact information from your PayPal payment / registration. The day before the Webinar, we will email you a reminder, and a special link for you to use to join the Webinar.
The Center for Ethical Practice
977 Seminole Trail, Charlottesville VA 22901; Tel: 434-971-1841